We fully understand the importance of your privacy. Safeguarding your personal data and maintaining your trust are important to us.
You have the following rights in regards to your personal information:
- The right to request access to, to correct or to delete or anonymize your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to withdraw your consent regarding our use or storage of personal information. For example, if you no longer want to receive email from us, you can "opt out" of receiving it by following the steps described in the email, or from your Account Management page.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, processing, or storage of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
- How to request account deletion
- How to request a copy of your data
- How to request data restriction
- How to withdraw consent
- How to lodge a complaint
- How to contact us about any other privacy concerns
How to request account deletion
Deletion of your NCSOFT Account is permanent and irreversible. We will remove all your personal information from our systems, or anonymize it, so it can never be linked back to you.
After the deletion has been completed:
- We will be unable to restore any game content (Including characters and items)
- We will be unable to issue any refunds.
- We will no longer have access to your payment transactions
- All currency (including NCoin and Protobucks) on your account will be deleted.
- All game subscriptions on your account will be canceled and deleted.
- All of your support tickets will be deleted.
- Your account will not be able to be restored – Account Deletion is Permanent.
For more in-depth information about how to request account deletion and how it works, please visit our Account Deletion FAQ.
How to request a copy of your data
To request a copy of the personal data that is not currently listed on your Account Management page, including email address and date of birth, please contact support at email@example.com. You will be required to verify ownership of the account before we can send you the data in question.
Some personal information is available to you from your Account Management page. This includes your account’s Authorized IP address history.
How to request data restriction
You can request further processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you submit a data restriction request, your account will be banned on receipt of your request, to prevent any further changes to the account. At that point, you will also lose access to all game accounts that are associated with the account in question.
We will first verify that you are the owner of the account. Then our legal team will review whether your data restriction request meets the required criteria to qualify. Below is an outline of possible scenarios that are eligible:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal information we have on file for you.
- Your information has been used fraudulently and you wish to prevent the deletion of your information from the account.
- You want to place a hold on your information for legal reasons.
- You dispute that NCSOFT has a need for your personal information.
Not all accounts are eligible to have a data restriction put on them.
How to withdraw consent
You can at any time withdraw your consent to receive newsletters from us by updating your preferences on your Account Management page.
If you want to withdraw your consent regarding our use or storage of any other form of personal information, please send us an email at email@example.com.
After we verify account ownership (where appropriate), our legal team will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How to lodge a complaint
If you have a complaint or concern about the way we collect, process, or store your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
You are of course entitled to take up your case with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How to contact us about any other privacy concerns
The email address for all your questions and concerns about our collection, processing, or storage of your personal information is email@example.com.
Where appropriate, we will verify account ownership, and we will respond to your questions and concerns as soon as possible.