Character Transfers from one server to another server are now available for purchase on the Blade & Soul Shop!
We just made it easy to move any level 16 or higher character from your existing server group to another through the Character Transfer page. There you will be able to purchase, manage, or even cancel a character transfer with ease.
Simply log into the Character Transfer page, select the character you'd like to transfer which is eligible, select your new server and complete the purchase. Your character will be transferred during the following maintenance period.
For more information on the character transfer, please review our Restrictions and FAQ sections below.
Eligibility and Restrictions
- You must have an active Blade & Soul account in good standing to use this service.
- You can only transfer your character to a server in the same region (i.e. EU --> EU or NA--> NA).
- Only characters that are level 16 or higher can be transferred.
- After you transfer a character, you cannot transfer the same character again until after 30 days have elapsed.
- You cannot transfer a character that is scheduled for deletion.
- You cannot transfer a character to a server in the same linked group.
- You cannot transfer a character who is a member of a Clan.
- You cannot transfer a character that has items up for sale or auction, or has an outstanding bid on an item in the Marketplace.
- You cannot transfer a character that has outstanding Crafting or Gathering Requests.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I transfer my character to?
Your character can be transferred to any server in your home region unless your target server is already linked to your home server.
- Q: What is a Linked Server?
We linked a number of our servers together so that people can play together in open worlds. Click here to find out more on Linked Servers and to see what servers are linked to your characters' servers.
- Q: What will happen to my character's name?
Character names are unique within the region, so you will not be required to rename your character when requesting a character transfer.
- Q: Can I transfer my North American character to a European server (or vice versa)?
No, character transfers can only be performed for the servers within a region.
- Q: How long does a character transfer take?
Character Transfers are usually scheduled to take place during our regular Wednesday maintenance. Check the Character Transfer page to see when the next transfer is scheduled.
- Q: Can I transfer a character to another account?
No, Character Transfers refer only to transferring characters on the same account to another server.
- Q: How do I check the status of my transfer?
Once you have purchased the Character Transfer, you can return to the Character Transfer page at any time while logged in to see the status of your requested transfer.
- Q: Can I change my character's appearance/race/gender/class with the transfer?
No. If you wish to change your character's appearance, race, or gender, you will need to purchase a separate service from the Hongmoon Store. You cannot change your class.
- Q: How can I purchase a Character Transfer?
Characters Transfers can be purchased through our web store here. You will need to have the requisite amount of NCoin in your account to purchase the transfer. You cannot purchase a character transfer with Hongmoon Coin.
- Q: Can I transfer more than 1 character?
Yes, but you will need to purchase each transfer individually. Additionally, each character has to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Q: Can I cancel my transfer?
Yes, you can cancel your transfer from the Character Transfer page before it's processed. If you cancel your transfer before it's processed then you'll automatically receive back the full amount of NCoin used.
- Q: I don't like the server I transferred to. Can I receive a refund?
At this time, we don't grant refunds for Character Transfers if you change your mind, so be careful which server you choose! You are able to transfer your character to another server after 30 days from when your character was transferred previously.
Items & Character
- Q: What will happen to my NCoin/Hongmoon Coin when I transfer my character?
NCoin, Hongmoon Coin and Premium Membership are account-bound and will not be affected.
- Q: What will happen to my character's items?
All the items in your character's Wardrobe (if applicable), Vault, and Inventory will transfer with the character.
Clans & Factions
- Q: I'm a member of a Faction. Will I need to change factions when my character transfers?
No, you will not need to select a new faction when you login to your new server.
- Q: What happens to all my Faction progress?
Your Faction Rank and Contribution Points will not be reset. Faction-related achievements will not be reset.
- Q: I lead a clan. Can I transfer the Clan and the items in the Clan Vault with my character?
No, you cannot transfer your Clan with you. We recommend appointing a new Clan Leader when you transfer your character.
- Q: I purchased a Character Transfer and my character is still on the original server!
Please check your character's eligibility for transfer through the Character Transfer page. There are a number of conditions to be met in order for a character to transfer successfully. If your character doesn't meet the conditions please make the necessary changes and re-apply for transfer. If your character has met those conditions and still did not transfer as scheduled, please submit a customer service ticket.
- Q: I transferred to another server and now I can't whisper to my friend's character on my former server!
Whispers can only occur between characters on the same server. You can whisper to your friend through the Cross-Server Lobby in F8.